Spotlight On Talent
Lighting Design | A&E Firms
About Joan Sberro
Joan Sberro is the Recruiter Associate specializing in Lighting Design and Architecture & Engineering with Pompeo Group, joining in 2017. Joan is a multiple Recruiter of the Month award winner with Pompeo group. Prior to joining Pompeo Group Joan managed a team within GE Capital and attended the GE Leadership Development Course. Joan excels in recruiting outstanding candidates resulting in long term placements and repeat clients.
Senior Lighting Designer
Senior lighting designer with 25 years of experience who has worked on a wide range of project types, including hospitality, institutional and industrial, both interior and exterior. Expertise in energy efficiency and sustainable design solutions. Possesses strong problem solving and communications skills and is proficient in AGi32, AutoCAD and Photoshop. Excels in training young designers and managing client expectations to produce cost-effective lighting solutions.
Mid-level lighting designer experienced in restaurant, office, hotel, landmark, retail and high-end residential projects. Capable of managing projects from SD to CA, coordinating with consultants and creating beautiful designs within budget meeting client’s expectations. Bachelor’s degree in interior design; studied abroad in France. Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, AGi32, COMchek, Sketchup, 3D MAX, Adobe Photoshop and Indesign. Skilled in hand sketching, mockup building and focusing fixtures.
Junior Lighting Designer
Innovative lighting designer passionate about producing creative design solutions. Experience includes multiple architectural projects throughout Walt Disney World’s EPCOT portfolio and assistant roles on theatrical productions under Broadway and Off-Broadway designers. Fluency in Revit, Vectorworks, AGi32, AutoCAD, the Adobe Creative Suite. Dual B.F.A degree in Theatre Design and Technology and Television, Radio, and Film. Prioritizes excellent collaboration and client satisfaction while efficiently transforming environments.
Senior Lighting Designer
Multitalented lighting designer with almost 20 years of experience in entertainment & architectural lighting, design, and senior level business development. Thrives in fast-paced environments, with strong attention for detail and love for problem-solving. As a Senior Lighting Designer in the USA and UK, and a Sr. Project Manager in the UAE, has worked globally on high-profile hospitality, and award winning commercial and retail projects.
For additional information or to speak to one of the candidates, please complete the form below and Joan will be in touch as soon as possible.
LIGHTOVATION, THE DALLAS INTERNATIONAL LIGHTING SHOW 2021
Jan. 07-10, 2021
Dallas Market Center
- "Pompeo Group is the best industry-specific recruiting firm that I have had the pleasure of working with. The quality of service received is indicative of the extensive candidate onboarding process their recruiters utilize to ensure the best client experience for the company and superior customer experience for the candidate. Highly recommended for any company in lighting."Amy Jimenez
- David Cohen
- “The Pompeo Group helped me win my position as Senior Vice President. I was represented well, and the communication was outstanding. I always knew where I stood and what options were available. Paul and his team are the consummate professionals---capable, confident, and most important---discreet. Pompeo Group is my go-to for talent in lighting.”Kevin Grayson
- "Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to meet and correspond with many professional recruiters. Pompeo Group is by far the most detail-oriented team of experts with whom I have had the chance to work. They pay attention to every detail and guide you through the entire job interview process! They are true asset to our industry helping you reach your true potential.”Ian Ielfield
- “Pompeo Group afforded me the opportunity to work through the hiring process the way it works best for me. Paul helped make the experience very easy and without any pressure. Staffing for high level positions can be very daunting at times, especially in a highly active labor market, and I was assured to take my time and proceed in a manner that was most comfortable for me.”Nathan Sloan
- Michael Colligan – Host “Get a Grip on Lighting Podcast”