COMPLETE THIS FORM TO ANONYMOUSLY SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION(S)
...WHAT WAS YOUR NAME AGAIN?Posted 3/20/2020
Our company is currently looking for a Western Regional Manager and I recently received a couple of a resumes from a recruiter that I've never heard of. He claims his company specializes only in lighting and electrical, but I hadn't asked him to send me any resumes and I don't think I've ever even spoken with him
-National Sales Manager, residential lighting manufacturer
Paul: I can't speak from a legal perspective, but I can say that most executive recruiters will never send you and unsolicited resume. There are some firms that I call 'resume houses' that will regularly (or occasionally) send unsolicited resumes to employers, but we'd recommend you e-mail the rescruiter and just request they no longer send a resume to you without your prior authorization. True search firms will never send an unsolicited resume to you.
IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?Posted 3/19/2020
The news keeps saying the recovery is slow and there are plenty of people available. Why is it we can’t find qualified candidates on so many of our searches?
-President, (street & area lighting) fixture manufacturer
Paul: There are two ways I’ll answer that question. While there may be plenty of people available in some industries, they are often are referred to as ‘unskilled’ labor. The labor in greatest demand in our industry is what I would characterize as ‘Skilled’ labor, whether we define “skilled” as having a formal education or as possessing specific experience with our industry. Additionally, the news headlines about plenty of people available are usually not referring to our industry, where we experience a very low unemployment rate. Mary Lindenmuth (our Recruiting Director for Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing and Finance) says that, in essence, unlike many other industries, “lighting is at 100% employment.” Don’t give up, but realize you’re in today’s ‘gold rush’ for top candidates.
LIGHTOVATION, THE DALLAS INTERNATIONAL LIGHTING SHOW 2021
Jan. 07-10, 2021
Dallas Market Center
- David Cohen
- "Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to meet and correspond with many professional recruiters. Pompeo Group is by far the most detail-oriented team of experts with whom I have had the chance to work. They pay attention to every detail and guide you through the entire job interview process! They are true asset to our industry helping you reach your true potential.”Ian Ielfield
- Michael Colligan – Host “Get a Grip on Lighting Podcast”
- "Pompeo Group is the best industry-specific recruiting firm that I have had the pleasure of working with. The quality of service received is indicative of the extensive candidate onboarding process their recruiters utilize to ensure the best client experience for the company and superior customer experience for the candidate. Highly recommended for any company in lighting."Amy Jimenez
- “Pompeo Group afforded me the opportunity to work through the hiring process the way it works best for me. Paul helped make the experience very easy and without any pressure. Staffing for high level positions can be very daunting at times, especially in a highly active labor market, and I was assured to take my time and proceed in a manner that was most comfortable for me.”Nathan Sloan
- “The Pompeo Group helped me win my position as Senior Vice President. I was represented well, and the communication was outstanding. I always knew where I stood and what options were available. Paul and his team are the consummate professionals---capable, confident, and most important---discreet. Pompeo Group is my go-to for talent in lighting.”Kevin Grayson