Spotlight On Talent
Sales Management | General Management
About Paul Pompeo
Paul Pompeo has over 25 years of experience in executive search, focusing on lighting, electrical, IoT and controls. Pompeo won multiple recruiting awards during his 16 years with Search West in California. He founded Pompeo Group in 2003 and specializes in searches for upper sales, marketing and general management professionals. Pompeo writes ‘The Company/The Candidate’ column for LD+A Magazine and is Past President of the IES in New Mexico. He has been a featured speaker at Lightfair, NAILD and was a featured panelist on the LDA Live! Jobs panel discussion at Lightfair 2019 in Philadelphia.
President of a European component manufacturer focused on LED technology serving lighting OEMs. Responsible for sales, marketing, new products, staffing, local assembly, warehouse/distribution and full P&L. Successfully managed transition from traditional technology to LEDs and brought several large electronic distributors on board for on-line sales and exposure. Committed to developing professional relationships resulting in co-development projects. Passionately driven to reach the highest levels of customer satisfaction while managing top and bottom lines.
Vice President, International Sales
More than two decades experience in global sales and marketing for two large lighting manufacturers including several years as VP, International Sales. Recognized as a pioneer in taking the Agency model to International markets. Built, grew and managed a highly specifications-oriented cadre of ‘best in class’ agencies and key distributors throughout the Middle East, Asia/Pacific, South America, Central America and the Caribbean. Lived in Asia & the Middle East.
Vice President of Sales/National Sales Manager
Experienced leader with proven track record recruiting, developing and leading teams to growth and long-term success with both mature existing groups and startup ‘built from scratch’ teams. Strong communicator with 10+ year relationships in the lighting channel & electrical markets. Recipient of awards by both industry organizations and company leadership for excellence and commitment. Core values centered around creativity, enthusiasm, persistence and fun that create a contagious team environment.
Regional Sales Manager, Southeast U.S.
Bringing a unique combination of creativity and analytical versatility. This tenacious, highly organized and detail oriented sales professional is focused on developing client and colleague relationships at all organizational levels while driving consistent revenue generations. Named as the 2018 Regional Sales Manager of the Year at a highly respected manufacturer, this individual has exceeded sales targets for the past 3 years.
For additional information or to speak to one of the candidates, please complete the form below and Paul will be in touch as soon as possible.
LIGHTOVATION, THE DALLAS INTERNATIONAL LIGHTING SHOW 2021
Jan. 07-10, 2021
Dallas Market Center
- “The Pompeo Group helped me win my position as Senior Vice President. I was represented well, and the communication was outstanding. I always knew where I stood and what options were available. Paul and his team are the consummate professionals---capable, confident, and most important---discreet. Pompeo Group is my go-to for talent in lighting.”Kevin Grayson
- “Pompeo Group afforded me the opportunity to work through the hiring process the way it works best for me. Paul helped make the experience very easy and without any pressure. Staffing for high level positions can be very daunting at times, especially in a highly active labor market, and I was assured to take my time and proceed in a manner that was most comfortable for me.”Nathan Sloan
- Michael Colligan – Host “Get a Grip on Lighting Podcast”
- "Pompeo Group is the best industry-specific recruiting firm that I have had the pleasure of working with. The quality of service received is indicative of the extensive candidate onboarding process their recruiters utilize to ensure the best client experience for the company and superior customer experience for the candidate. Highly recommended for any company in lighting."Amy Jimenez
- "Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to meet and correspond with many professional recruiters. Pompeo Group is by far the most detail-oriented team of experts with whom I have had the chance to work. They pay attention to every detail and guide you through the entire job interview process! They are true asset to our industry helping you reach your true potential.”Ian Ielfield
- David Cohen